I started this blog in January 2011 as my New Year’s resolution. I’ve always secretly lusted over other people’s food blogs and wished I could do the same.
|Mmmm Pork Pie!…Minutes later I was rolled home…|
But why couldn’t I? Perhaps the insecure person in me was worried about what people might think, but you know what? Who cares?! I love food, I love making food and I love eating food. If people like what I do then that’s just the maraschino cherry on top of my ice cream sundae! This blog will have a bias towards baking and sweet treats, but also with some lovely meals and any other foodie mentions that I think are worth while.Anyway, here are a few things that you might want to know about me…
- I love food and love to cook.
- I used to be fat but lost the weight, so I have to try and dampen my love of food but fail miserably.
- I also love to bake. Cupcakes in particular – I started making them in 2010 and realised I had a bit of knack for them
- I love a drink (Red wine, gin and real ale in particular).
- I am a feeder – seeing as I can’t feed myself everything I like, well, you get the picture.
- My parents run a Chinese, and even though I hated it when I was younger because I was a walking stereotype / cliché, I think that my love of food is because of this.
- I am a dictator in the kitchen, possibly due to the above.
- I love my cats, but I think they just think I’m a weirdo.
- I love my Kitchenaid Mixer
A special mention also goes out to The Husband – wannabe photographer extraordinaire who is my avid food taster (much to the damage I do to his waistline) and also whose eye has helped taken some cracking photos of my food. The rubbish ones you’ll find across the site will be mine, taken on my iPhone, not the digital SLR!Hope you enjoy my ramblings, I’m not the most eloquent writer in the world, but I think it does the job! I also hope that people will enjoy trying the food I make and give me their comments too.
If you’d like to get in touch with me, then you can get in touch with me here